Defects that are caused in whole or part by failure to adhere to recommendations relating to location, storage, handling, installation, decoration, glazing and maintenance may invalidate the warranties. Recommendations for these are available on request.
The warranties associated with our fully finished products are on the condition that:
- The products have been stored and handled in accordance with our guidelines.
- The coating has not been subjected to physical (ladders etc.) or chemical (cleaning agents) damage.
- The coating has been repaired in accordance with our recommendations.
- The coating has not failed due to site glazing or as a result of ancillary items.
- The coating has not been allowed to accumulate dirt and debris leading to excessive mould growth.
- The coating has not been duly exposed to excessive pollutants (industrial etc.) or heat (fire, heating.
All warranties are invalid if the product has not been fully paid for.
All Heron Joinery products are manufactured to exacting quality standards, in a controlled environment and it is the responsibility of the installer to ensure the product is fit for the intended use, has been properly installed, adjusted, used and maintained.
The warranties may be invalidated if:
- The product has been installed improperly or modified due to improper installation.
- The product has failed due to the fitting of ancillary items such as window shading devices, blinds, security systems etc.
- The product has been damaged due to improper storage, installation, use or maintenance.
- The product has been exposed to performance specification conditions beyond that which has been published in our recommendations.
- The product has been damaged by water ingress other than through an effect caused by manufacturing, materials or workmanship.
- The product has been damaged due to condensation, during and after fitting.
- The products have been damaged during transit on other modes of transport other than that of Heron Joinery’s standard method of Transport.
- The product has been damaged by accidents or acts of god.
The specifier or contractor should make Heron Joinery aware of any extreme climatic locations where the goods will be installed, i.e. islands, headland, beachfronts and mountain locations as the warranties may not be applicable in these exposed situations. Our high performance windows and doors meet the exacting standards of BS6375 pt. 1. “Classification for weathertightness”. However in certain exposed locations, weather conditions can exceed these.
In the event of a component or part failing as a result of a defect caused by manufacturing, materials or workmanship, our liability is restricted to the supply of a replacement product, parts, or providing a factory authorised repair to the existing product. No liability is accepted for any charges for installation, painting or storage or any other consequential costs.